Why should restaurants use push notifications?
How do you leverage your special offers to grow your online sales? Well how about sending a message to interested customers on the one thing they carry everywhere? Their phone!
Push notifications help you and your offers get noticed by customers. They allow you to send timely, relevant messages to people who already have an interest in your business, increasing the likelihood they will act on the offer you’ve just sent them, and grow sales.
Push notifications work because:
- People bring their mobiles everywhere!
- Can’t be missed as they appear on the lock screen
- They are shorter and snappier than an email message
- They can have a clear call to action
How to use push notifications to grow your online sales?
Push notifications have many advantages over email marketing, such as an average open rate of 90% vs. 23% average for emails. So with push notifications, your restaurant marketing is going to be seen by more of your customers.
Push notifications have higher view and click-through ratios than email marketing, while also improving app engagement and retention rates. Mobile apps using push notifications have a 26% higher app open rate and 92% higher retention rates. All this makes it more likely these customers will keep your app on their home screen and buy more from you online.
Create a good push notification strategy – ideally no more than one push notification a week, but more than one per month. Sending out too many or too few will reduce their benefits. Yes, there is a sweet spot.
Top tips for restaurant marketing push notifications:
- Make your messages short
- Frontload what’s important
- Have a clear call to action
- Make them relevant and topical
- Vary your content e.g. brand message, menu updates, special offers, promo codes etc
Use push notifications to send your customers a deal they can’t resist!
Here are some examples to get you started:
- Fiver Friday! Any meat burrito only €5
- Thinking about Lunch? £2.49 Lunch Specials available 12-3
- If you want to send on a specific day here, are some title suggestions:
- Monday – More on Monday, MoneyOff Monday, Monday Madness
- Tuesday – Two meals Tuesday, Take it all Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday
- Wednesday – Why not Wednesday, Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursdays, Throwback Thursday
- Friday – Fiver Friday, Feel Good Friday, Friday Fun
- Mix and match, any 2️⃣ deals ONLY €11.00.
- Our 🎁 to you. Use code SANTA for 25% off 🎅
Add emojis to your push notes to get your message across with less words and more visual interest!
Client Case Study
A Flipdish fast food restaurant created a specific special offer for 1 day only and sent out a push notification to promote it. The number of orders they received that day increased X5.5, with an increase in sales of 210% versus the same day the previous week.
Learn how to send push notifications though your Flipdish portal here.
Want help to increase your online orders? Get in touch with our expert Customer Success team on [email protected]